Practical step by step advice for questions on communication without conflict, Husbands Dealing with menopause, and setting boundaries for friends and family to protect your marriage.
Whenever I have an issue with my spouse, we can’t seem to talk about it. We start yelling at each other but neither of us are listening. How do I approach situation?
- You must communicate with spouse Matthew 18:15 go to person alone
- Pick a time when spouse will be in a more relaxed and positive frame of mind Eccles. 3:7 there’s a time to speak
- Start conversation with endearing words honey, darling, sweetheart, baby, beloved . (Song of Solomon)
- Speak in a gentle non accusatory tone giving eye contact whole time you speak Prov. 15:1 Soft answer turneth away wrath
- Give spouse a praise related to the issue, “I really appreciate how you”. Prov. 16:24 Pleasant words are as a honeycomb sweet to the soul and health to the bones
- Make disarming statement, “I have no desire to hurt you in anyway”
1 Cor. 13:4 love is kind
- Express a confident outcome, “I know that together we will work this out” Amos 3:3
- Share your feeling truthfully using I statement (I feel , I need)
- Give opportunity for response, 1 Peter 3:8 be courteous
- Make mutual solution proposals negotiate best solution, Eph 5:21 submitting yourself one to another
- Write it down and if mutually agreeable sign it, Hab 2:2 Write the vision
- After some time come back evaluate and make adjustment